Saturday, December 20, 2008

Surfer Dudes! Catch a Wave!

We didn't want to come all the way to Hawaii and not give the kids a chance to try catching a wave. The guy in the picture gave them surf lessons. They had a really great time, however Tasha got hit in the head with the board......She's okay, but that was about the end of the lesson.


15 minutes of learning how to paddle, pull yourself up from a laying position and stand up. It's not as easy as it looks.

Listening intently.

Stand up and balance on dry ground. This is going to be easy peasy lemon squeezey!


Into the water! Oops! The board is upside down!


Paddling out to the big waives DUDE!

This is how we stand up and get toed back to dry land.


I think I'm falling off!


This was some guy I saw standing on a board and paddling out to sea. I've never seen anyone do anything like this. He had really great balance!

No comments: