Sunday, December 14, 2008

Iron Chef Competition

On 11 November I drug Jordan and Eric over to Wakaba Child Devlopment Center to watch the "Iron Chef" competition between the 3 CDC food service teams. They each prepared a dish using only the ingredients they use to feed the children. It was a lot of fun to watch, however, one of the judges did not show, so Eric got roped into being a judge. Eric was such a trooper. He HATES to eat strawberries, but there was a part of one of the meals that involved strawberries and pineapple (also a non-favorite). He also found it confusing that they were going by daycare rules "everybody wins" for the competition. Personally, I don't understand that either......they are all adults. I think maybe they should try a traveling trophy or something. Anyway, the best dish was the enchelada soup from Niko Niko CDC, but others one recognition for presentation and overall taste and color. Thanks for being such a sport, Eric! :)





No, Eric you can't just avoid one of the dishes........




Niko Niko CDC winners!

This is before the strawberry tasting..............

Everybody's a winner.....everybody's a winner........everybody's a winner



Putting out the food for the judges.


Eric, Jaime, and Mr. Van De Mark awaiting the beginning of the competition.








































2 comments:

OkiStephie said...

Oh, Poor Eric! He's a strange man for not liking Strawberries (Strawbabies, as Pj would call them) and Pineapple! They're the best tasting fruits out there!

Erin said...

A competition without a winner?? I agree, that is so weird!!

I love the Iron Chef... What a fun idea to have your own! I want to do that here!

We get to see you in just a couple weeks!! Can't wait!