Thursday, July 31, 2008

Camping at White Beach

We went camping at White Beach Naval Station campground. It is the same campground we stayed at on Thanksgiving. The Dumpert's don't stay in tents.......we stay in campers......I know, I know we are big woosy butts, but we had a really great time! We were one of 2 families at the ENTIRE campground. We couldn't figure out why there weren't very many people at the campground until we realized that it is JELLYFISH season! We even went snorkling for awhile, until we noticed a sign saying it was jellyfish season! OOOooopps! Luckily, we were smart enough that we didn't get back in the water after that:) We cooked out hot dogs and made smores then we played Scrabble and Clue. It was nice to get away and spend some time together as a family.



Tasha found a hermit big crab!


The kids came prepared, but they are from Indiana:)

Natasha says, "Who me?" a lot when she plays Ms. Peacock in the game Clue.


Jordan is ruthless in Scrabble!:)


We LOVE Scrabble!


Yummy, smores!

Hot dogs grilled outside are the best!


Love those Okinawa sunsets.


The beach front at White Beach.


Where are all the campers?

Our campsite:)

Tasha outside our camper.

We had our pick of parking spaces. Whoo! Hoo!















1 comment:

Erin said...

You were swimmin' with jelly fish? I'm SO glad you came away sting free! How scary!

I love the game Clue and have not played in forever!

Also, you mentioned outdoor cooking being so yummy... what's up with that? I would never crave a hot dog at home (unless we are at Costco), but while camping? Brin it on! Yummo!!

Your family is so stinki' cute! You guys have so much fun together! I love it!