Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Okinawa Forest Adventure Park

We went to a new "theme" park today. It just opened in May. We had SO much fun! It took us about 3 hours to complete the entire course. Lots of zip lines and climbing and balancing. We had a GREAT time! The only thing I didn't do that the kids and Eric did was a 60 foot free fall drop from a platform. You jump and the harness catches you about 10 feet into it and throws you into a rope ladder/net. There is a picture of Natasha doing it a few pictures down. It took her awhile to get up the gumption to jump, but I was really proud that she did (since I couldn't). Our guide was a little lady from Scotland. She explained that since we are not in America, there are no nets. She made us go through a mini (safety) course before we could actually try the course, but it was still a bit scary at times. At one point Natasha zipped through the canopy, hit the cushion at the end and began to go back out over the deep culvert. Suddenly a little Japanese man came running out of the woods, he clipped on his harness on the cable and stuck out a long "broom-stick looking" pole for her to grab and pulled her in. A reporter from Stars and Stripes was there, so we might make the paper (how exciting!) We all got really sweaty and I'm sure we burned a TON of calories, but I would go and do it again in a second. It was SO MUCH FUN!




Before the fun began.


Natasha on the zip line.
On this bridge you have to be VERY careful if you are a big wussy butt:)



Natasha on the "first" rope ladder.




I dared Eric to take this picture. Won't be doing that again:)




Jordan went across MUCH faster than his mother!







The infamous drop! You just have to jump and hope your equipment doesn't fail!






Notice what Jordan has his feet in. I decided to take an alternate route:)







Here is some of the gang from the park. Our guide, Yvonne from Scotland is the one on the right. We are all making the "wipeout" sign, because we all wiped out so many times!:)





We made it! All hot, dirty and sweaty!:) Lots of fun!




2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Oh my goodness... this looks like something Erin and Patrick would love to do...it reminds me of them zipping through the jungle in Mexico.... you guys are brave... it looks too scary for me... I'll try going down the rapids...but your theme park would be too much for me.

Thanks for sharing.

We are at Erin's and must start home soon. We hate to leave.

Have a good day.

Erin said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!!

How fun is that!? What a blast! There are such fun things to do in other countries because they are not so utlra concerned about people sueing (is that how you spell it?) them! I love it!

We would like come see you guys in Indiana when you are here. Let us know your dates and we will get some tickets bought! You will be there for about a month, right? We really hope to have a little one adopted by then. Keep us in your prayers!