Friday, June 20, 2008

Trip to Colorado

Well, the summer is here and we are having great weather! I just came back from a trip to Colorado where I experienced my fist bout with Altitude Sickness......to say the least, I was not impressed with this sensation, and hope to never experience it again. I guess it was a bad idea to send 8 people from our lovely "sea-level" island to the mountains of Colorado without any sort of hitch. Each of my fellow travelers were struck by this nausea, headache, sleeplessness, and shortness of breath plague for the duration of our trip. Two of our group had to be hospitalized and sent back here. Don't get me wrong, it was one of the most beautiful places I have been in a long time, but I just wish I had felt a little bit better so I could have enjoyed it. Oh, and by the way, it snowed while I was there. Did I mention I didn't bring a coat? When you have been in a tropical environment for 4+ years, you body tends to aclamate to that environment. I just thought that it might be warm there since it was June. I'm so silly:) Needless to say, I am glad to be back where it is warm.
I am now spending time getting ready for our big move in December. I realize it's going to be another one of those drastic climate changes, but we're ready and very excited!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sorry you were so sick. Call me, call me, call me.

Erin said...

Jenny... YUCK!! I am so sorry you got sick! What a bummer way to spend your time in Colorado!

As far as the cold weather thing, I too forget I need a jacket in June. People keep talking about global warming- I just don't see it! We had snow in mid-May. Bring on the warm weather!

We love you guys! I'm going to send on your blog address to my mom cuz I know she would love to know all the fun things you are up to!

Much love!