Saturday, September 12, 2009

Paris - Seeing It All!

What do you think of when you think of Paris? Escargot anyone?


I think my meal moved!!


I would like some new parents please.



Top of the Eile tower (to the left the louve, to the right, Napolians tomb.



Cool! Just like in the Da Vinci Code (apparently not everyone saw what the fuss was about).




Champs Elysees with Arc De Triompe at the end of the road (we had lunch...spent the kids college fund)




We were moving at 300 MPH (you would think the picture would have been blury).



How fast?



Lobby of our hotel (Officers hotel).





On a bridge with the Conciergerie in the background. There "on Siene people" (say it several times, it gets funnier). the Conciergerie is where Marie Antoinette was imprisoned. When was used as a prison, kings used it to torture and execute failed assassins. The tower at the left of the picture is called "The Babbler" because of the painful sounds that came from it.






Noter Dame Cathedral. This place is huge!


One of the carvings on the front of Notre Dame. Judgement day.



Lots of crowds.



Pantheon, a neoclassical monument to French notables.........HA! HA!




If you look close, you can see the rose line (where Tasha's hair is hanging down). St. Sulpice Church from The Da Vinci Code again.


St. Sulpice Church



Rose line in St. Sulpice Church (Jenny looks like she has a few questions)




The real lady liberty from National Treasure II




You would have to be pretty small to climb up to her crown. Needless to say we did not go to "the top"



Foot of the Eiffle. Tower The kids didn't want to take the stairs.






Hot chick!




There are serious problems here.


The Louvre from the Eiffle Tower.




Night time is cool!



Veiw from our hotel room window. (to the right)


Another view from our hotel. (straight ahead)



The best Micky D's ever! It looks loke Mr. McGorium's Wonder Imporium!


A work of art (the paintings not bad either). This is as close as they would let us get.





This was the crowd we faught to get the picture of the Mona Lisa.




Half a hallway...the place is HUGE!



There was a group that looked just like us...hummm......wait a minute, who's that girl on the left?



Hey, dum, dum; you give me gum, gum? (from A Night at the Museum)



They are standing in front of Eugene Delacroix's Liberty Leading the People



Just to give you some scope...6 hours one floor........whew!


We could have used wings (we were tired)




We didn't think we could get this good of a shot of the stuffed bear (sometimes we just get lucky).



My first crepe (thin, over-priced pan cake).


A picture (Jordan's helping with the modesty).



We got the rose line covered.



Inside of Notre Dame. The amount of humongous chaples is staggering!





Thinker Dude (not his real name) at the Rodin Museum. Finaly...we caught them thinking.



Hold your breath...we are going through a tunnel.


Napolean's tomb...big box for a little guy. He is actually inside SEVERAL coffins.........




A real Paris sewer tour...there should be a tour for all of my jobs.



Paris boat ride down the Seine River (Jordan was trying to call someone)



Eiffel Tower.




Old train station on the Sein...now the Orsay Museum where Van Gogh's works of art are housed.


Kings cortierers...the hydius group.


The oldest bridge in Paris.




Noter Dame stained glass.


Noter Dame from the boat.



Another Noter Dame boat picture.



Better picture of the "Babbling Tower" of the Conciergerie.






The bridge where they shot the helecopter scene in National Treasure II....by the way, there is NO WAY you can even see the statue of liberty from this bridge.


This is the location where Marie Antoinette, among others, was made "a foot shorter at the top" by the "national razor".


Obolisc (this is were they publicly killed people...Tasha made it through ok)



You find the Rose line throughout Paris.


Rose line as it hits the obolisc.



The kids liked the picture untill the wind shifted.


Peace out Paris!


4 comments:

Erin said...

Holy cow... I feel like I just got back from Paris myself! Those pictures are awesome! You did so many cool things! How long were you there? We wanna go next time!

Jenny, I can hear your voice as I read your blog and it makes me smile everytime! You crack me up!!

We love you guys! We need to skype with you sometime soon! Our little guy is not so little any more!

Anonymous said...

I laughed at your little comments for each picture! I'm not certain who was doing the narrating though. I'm taking a guess that it was Eric. Because some of those things are what a man would say! Great pics guys! How come I am not there?!?! With you?!?! You wouldn't want to adopt a Korean kid, a Norwegian kid and a 1/2 Korean kid would ya?!

Miss you!
Stephanie

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness...i totally want to go there. like wow! :) Seriously though...very cool pictures!! I would love to go to the Louve. And Eric, i was cracking up through the whole post. You are hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! Hope you don't mind me stopping by. I can't remember how I found your blog - is it posted on FB or did I see it on Pat and Erin's? Anyway, I loved looking at your Paris pictures and seeing your family. I was going to click away but I was enjoying your playlist so much, I just opened another window so I could continue to listen to it. I'm gonna have to get me some Enya!

Take good care! xoxox

Jill